January 7, 2009
During my interview I have been asked about my weakness. My biggest weakness so far had been that I used to take care of the most difficult task first as it interests me a lot, but when it comes to the point of completing a project, I often lost focus because I felt it was a very easy task to complete.
With time comes experience and I have gathered myself in completing the task to the fullest and giving it a 110%.
Every time someone asks me, how much of an effort are you putting in a project. I say, I am giving my 110%. They are puzzled and ask my why not a 100%?
Everyone believes in completing a given task. They consider it Success! I believe in taking the completed task to the next level. This is success for me. And hence a 110%.
Many people have a hard time following up with unplanned events. Prioritization and Time Management are very important for me.
For any of my projects I observe the following rules of success:
- Always put in your 110%
- Understand the requirements of the project
- Plan every step of the project and consider the details
- Organize your thoughts frequently to keep yourself in focus
- Act as a consumer to build a better product
- Work in a team as Teamwork helps to succeed
- Manage your tasks by prioritizing them
- Take care of the difficult part first.
- Correct your mistakes by learning from your past
- Always find a way to quantitatively measure your success
Sometimes your biggest weakness can become your strength. Thus with innovative thoughts, communication and proper planning one can give their 110% and take things to the Next Level.